Sadly, I will probably pull these out, cut up the leaves, blanch, and freeze for the winter. I did put in a new row of seeds along my tomatoes so hopefully they will grow. If not, we will start again in the fall.
We've tried some of these, and some are on our "to make" list. If you have any recipes you make, please, leave a comment and share with us.
- Sauteed with onion and squeeze of lemon
- Sauteed with fried or poached egg (for breakfast)
- Chard ravioli (use wanton wrappers for fast recipe), with ricotta and and pinch petter
- Saute with shallot, pinch of sugar (palm or brown), and belachan (shrimp paste)
- Cut into ribbons and added to dahl curry (yellow lentils with or without coconut milk)
- Substitute or mix with cabbage for colcannon recipe.
- Cut into fine ribbons, stir fry on high heat with mix of turmeric, pinch salt, and handful of fresh grated coconut. Mix till glossy and slightly wilted.
- Substitute for Kale in Caldo Verde recipe with andouille sausage
- baby leaves in a salad with roasted beets and balsamic (with toasted walnuts or pecans)
- substitute for lettuce wraps and roll tight like and egg roll.
Bonus: cut into strips and use in spring rolls along with other items.
Hope you get to try some or share your recipes or tips with us!
Shared on: More the Merrier Mondays, Tuesdays with a Twist, wildcrafting wednesday, simple lives thursdays, HomeAcre Hop, Back to Basics, small footprint family, fresh eggs daily, Transformation Thursday, Thrifty Home, Fresh Bites Friday, Wednesday Fresh Food, Sunday Parenting Party, hip homeschool moms, Living Green Tuesday, Montessori Monday, Food Renegade, Eat Make Grow, Kids in the Kitchen, Learning for Life, Mums Make Lists,