Sunday, May 5, 2013

Mediterranean Chicken Salad

A few weeks ago, I made this chicken salad for my daughter's school potluck.  I wanted something healthy and flavorful.  It's simple- if you have the ingredients.

Hope you enjoy!

  • Roast the chicken in zataar, salt, a little sumac, and olive oil.
  • When cool, pull chicken apart or chop up.
  • Mix half yogurt and half labne (you can add a spoon of mayo if you want).
  • Add salt, dukkah, finely chopped shallots, and rough cut dried apricots (I also added some homemade mustard).
  • Mix well and combine chicken and yogurt mixture.
  • Season more if you like
  • Pour thinly pomegranate molasses (about 1-2 tsp max).  Mix well and top with more dukkah and apricots

Serve with Pita, veggies, or chips.









Shared on: More the Merrier Mondays, Tuesdays with a Twist,  wildcrafting wednesday, simple lives thursdays, HomeAcre Hop,  Back to Basics, small footprint family, fresh eggs daily, Transformation Thursday, Thrifty Home,  Fresh Bites Friday, Wednesday Fresh Food,  Sunday Parenting Party, hip homeschool moms,  Living Green Tuesday, Montessori Monday,  Food Renegade, Eat Make Grow, Kids in the Kitchen, Learning for Life, Mums Make Lists,

3 comments:

  1. YUM!!! I would love to make this vegetarian-style for myself and your recipe for my husband.
    Thanks for sharing at Tuesdays with a Twist at Back to the Basics. Hope to see you again tomorrow!

    http://back2basichealth.blogspot.com/search/label/Tuesdays%20with%20a%20Twist

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bookmarked to try out...looks yummy

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound so good, would have to be a treat for me though as the bloke doesn't eat cheese and runs a mile from marmite! I think a stash of these in the freezer would keep me happy for a while though :)more

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...